A fundraising event is a great way to get your friends together and make a difference! Here are some examples of of how you can get involved:
- Canadian High School students gave up one soft drink per day for a month and helped almost 1,000 of their peers in Africa.
- Kevin Turk, a huge Tom Hanks fan, hosts an annual International Tom Hanks Day and has helped raise thousands since the first event started in 2003.
- Sibusiso Vilane, our South African Ambassador, became the first black African to walk to the South Pole. His historic journey helped more than 5,000 South African children.
- Jeremy Gordon, a student in the USA, became our first student to begin fundraising for our solar and wind-up lights.Why not kick off your own sponsored walk, cycle, run or swim to raise money for Prime radios or Lifeplayer MP3s?
Any questions email email@example.com or read our Fundraising Toolkit for inspiration.
Tips & Advice
- Tell us about your event and register as a Lifeline Energy Fundraiser firstname.lastname@example.org – Ensure all publicity materials state ‘all proceeds go to Lifeline Energy’.
- Check the rules and regulations in your country to make sure you are complying with the law. Safety is an important aspect of any event; seek advice if necessary.
- Include your country’s registration number: